Congratulations to the Class of 2023! We are so proud of all that you have accomplished. Your achievements are a testament to your dedication and pursuit of knowledge. You have pushed the boundaries of what is possible, and we know that you will continue to do so in the years to come.
In a little over a week, NSU’s Freshman Connection program begins. This summer orientation program is designed to help our first-time entering freshmen adjust to college life and succeed academically and personally. We’ll welcome nearly 600+ students for engaging sessions, workshops, and activities over the next few months.
- Session 1: May 24-25, 2023
- Session 2: May 31-June 1, 2023
- Session 3: June 15, 2023
- Session 4: July 12-13, 2023
- CENLA Campus: June 20, 2023
- Leesville Campus: June 21, 2023
- Shreveport Campus: June 22, 2023
Congratulations to the newest officers in the United States Army. My sincere thanks to these students and their families for their service and sacrifice to our great Nation. I commend the Department of Military Science and the 73rd Demon Battalion on your spectacular year. Thank you for all you do for NSU and for your work in preparing the Nation’s leaders of tomorrow.
- 2LT Cade Davis (BA, History – Military Intelligence / Infantry)
- 2LT Taylor Dixon (BA, Criminal Justice – Infantry)
- 2LT Jimmy Lara (MS, Health & Human Performance – Signal Corps)
- 2LT Michael Shamblin (BS, Computer Information Systems – Aviation)
I would like to express my appreciation to the faculty, staff, and members of the NSU community for their unwavering commitment to our students. Seeing the students’ sense of accomplishment and joy during commencement underscores the importance of our work. I wish you all a safe and enjoyable summer.
As always, Fork ‘Em Demons 😈
Dr. Marcus D. Jones
Northwestern State University