The Outstanding Young Alumni Distinguished Service Award is given to a young alumnus/alumna who has exhibited their dedication and loyalty to Northwestern’s programs and mission.
The candidate must demonstrate the following:
- An early record of distinguished service to Northwestern; and
- Continued interest in serving the university in his/her life as a volunteer, donor and /or advocate.
- The recipient must be an alumnus/alumna of NSU.
- The recipient must have attained alumni status within ten years.
- The recipient must be forty or younger at the time of the nomination.
Nominations may be made by any alumnus or alumna, by any alumni chapter, or by any member of the faculty or staff of University. The selection committee is composed of the two immediate past presidents of the Alumni Association, current president of the Alumni Association, three members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, one member of the Demons Unlimited Board of Directors, the Director of the Alumni Association and the SGA President.