The Northwestern State Foundation is a nonprofit organization incorporated on May 20, 1960.
On May 20, 1960, 27 individuals founded the nonprofit corporation as defined in the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, and signed Articles of Incorporation creating the Northwestern State University Foundation.
The Foundation manages various programs, including: scholarships, professorships and chair funds, fund-raising and development operations, college and departmental support, and other university-related programs. The Foundation also bridges relationships with faculty, students, alumni, friends, corporations and other foundations interested in academic excellence.
The Foundation functions through its Board of Directors, institutional constituents and donors. The NSU Board of Directors is a voluntary group of business and professional leaders that govern the NSU Foundation, meeting four times per year working on several committees.